Tis the season for NL East teams to be ranked, position by position. According to MLB columnist, Fred Zinkie, injury prone Stephen Strasburg is better than Jacob deGrom. I do agree with the majority of his picks but Strasburg over deGrom is conflicting.
Stephen Strasburg’s injury List
- July 2010: Right shoulder inflammation
- August 2010: Torn UCL
- Missed most of 2011 season
- Great season for him but was shut down in September
- June 2013: Lat strain
- May 2015: Upper Back Issue
- July 2015: Oblique strain
- June 2016: Upper back strain
- August 2016: Right elbow soreness ( shutdown for postseason)
Although at times Strasburg’s seems at his best, he always finds a way to put himself on the disabled list. His best season was in 2012 when he came back from Tommy John surgery but ever since then it has been a roller coaster ride on the disabled list.
deGrom’s best season was in 2015 where he went 14 and 8 with a 2.54 ERA and 205 strikeouts. He went to his first All Star game that year. During the 7th inning he retired the side in order with 3 strike outs on 12 pitches.
Stephen Strasburgs Career Stats:
*Career high is highlighted in red
Jacob deGroms Career Stats:
*Career high is highlighted in orange